When you begin your tour of Argentina, avid winter sports fans may want to take some time to stop off at one of the remarkable ski resorts nestled in the gorgeous, snow-capped mountains. If you are ready to begin an unforgettable adventure in South America, finding a resort should be your first priority. There are many spectacular locales to explore, especially if you are willing to trek through the back country, but Argentine is also home to some world renowned resorts that can provide everything that you will need from fine dining, comfort, and acres of slopes. Here is our top five ski resorts.
- Las Lenas – The Las Lenas resort is one of the most exceptional resorts in all of Argentina. It is know for its 1200 meter vertical slope and its summit that is located at 3,430 meters. Las Lenas has slopes that are ideal for intermediates and beginners. Even during the off season, skiers and snowboarders can enjoy the slopes at Las Lenas.
- Penitentes – The Penitentes ski resort is nestled in a cozy location close to the border of Chile. With high snow quality and a number of exciting slopes to choose from, Penitentes is another premier snow resort in Argentina. Penitentes also offers a ski school where highly skilled professionals can instruct beginners. Travelers will also enjoy the magical snow garden and the spectacular mountain views. With a collection of hostels and hotels to choose from, it is easy to find great accommodations in Penitentes.
- Chapelco – Cerro Chapelco is a wonderful ski resort in San Martin de los Andes. An enchanting environment opens up to gorgeous views and excellent slopes. Twenty trails line the area, and visitors can find slopes with varying degrees of difficulty so all skiers and snowboarders will have a slope that is ideal for them. The infrastructure of Chapelco is top notch, and winter sport enthusiasts can practice cross-country skiing or downhill skiing while on the slopes in Chapelco.
- Cerro Catedral – A majestic ski resort in Bariloche, Argentina, Cerro Catedral means Mount Catedral, and as such is one of the most beautiful areas to explore in Argentina. At more than 1000 meters above sea level, this wonderful resort seems to touch the sky.
- Mount Castor – A youthful, southern resort located in Argentina, Mount Castor is very close to where the sea and the mountains meet. This unique ski resort is a wonderful place to visit with 26 different trails, modern lifts, and excellent ski and snowboarding schools.
Let us know what you think in the comments!